UE5.4 - Daz to Ureal (2024)

sgvsfgs13fsgvsfgs13f Posts: 0
edited March 30 in Unreal Discussion

Unreal Engine 5.4 released last week, but the old plugin doesn't work. Unreal will not open if you try to use it!

Please update!

5.4.jpg
715 x 472 - 49K
Post edited by sgvsfgs13f on

Comments

• Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 245

The current 5.4 release is a preview, not a full release. David has immediately updated the plugin on hit GitHub repo, if you "must have" that functionality now, download the latest version of the bridge here: https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToUnreal/releases

I'm sure that as soon as the full release of 5.4 is released, the team will update the version in Install Manager.

• Plugin 'DazToUnreal' failed to load because module 'DazToUnreal' could not be loaded.  There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up.

what is the problem?
  • Unreal Engine 5.4 has officially released, but I am unable to select Unreal Engine 5.4 in DazToUnreal, why hasn't this been updated, because the version is fully released now.

• I see that, but is that on Daz's end though?

• superlativecgsuperlativecg Posts: 127
    edited April 30

I downloaded DazToUnreal.2023.1.2-UE54-win64-project-plugin.zip, extracted it, and placed the DazToUnreal folder into \UE_5.4\Engine\Plugins but I'm getting this error when I launch a project. 

"Plugin 'DazToUnreal' failed to load because module 'DazToUnreal' could not be loaded.  There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up."

Post edited by superlativecg on
  • @Superlativecg Here,... https:// github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToUnreal/releases click on "DaztoUnreal" download and extract it, choose 5.4 or 5.3 (whichever engine you use), take that and drag n drop it into your Engine plugins folder, and be sure to put it in the "Marketplace" folder

• superlativecgsuperlativecg Posts: 127

Thank you majestic!  That worked!